Madre Tierra Eco Art & Yoga Retreat
Do you feel overwhelmed or burnt-out from the past year? Have you ever thought about tapping into creativity to bring balance back into your life?
If you’re ready to rekindle a natural spark for awe and wonder in your life, then Madre Tierra Retreat might be for you.
Imagine waking up in a lush jungle steps away from ocean views. Your personal chef has prepared a healthy healing breakfast, you have nothing to plan, no work to do, no taking care of others, simply allowing yourself to be guided… a moment for YOU.
I invite you to let me guide you on a 5-day immersive journey through the jungle to reconnect with nature, with yourself and with community.
You deserve it.
What you’ll get…
- 5 nights in a luxury Bali Home, Jungle Bungalow or Geodesic River Dome.
- Luxury airport pickup and drop off from Juan SantaMaria International Airport (SJO) to the retreat center. Detailed instructions upon registration.
- 3 organic plant-based meals and snacks each day prepared by 5 star Ayurvedic master Chef Pedro.
- Drinking water, fresh exotic nectars and juices.
- Eco-Art Adventures, Therapeutic Arts Workshops & Hikes.
- Daily sunrise yoga, sound healing, ecstatic dance, & meditation practices.
- Ocean views and lush jungle surroundings
- 200 year old Bali Homes imported from the Java Islands, gorgeous Geodesic Domes and Bungalows.
- Saltwater pools overlooking the Pacific Ocean
- 20+ miles of jungle pathways that lead to Imiloa’s very own private waterfall!
Non-vegans and vegans alike will enjoy gourmet dishes that are packed with flavor, texture, nutrients and variety. Using a combination of his own plant-based recipes and traditional Ayurvedic treatments, Chef Pedro’s cuisine will leave you pleasantly full and nourished.
Chef Pedro applies Ayurvedic principles that work specifically with the body’s innate intelligence in order to promote natural self-healing. Ayurveda is said to address the whole person — your body, mind, and spirit.
In the kitchen at Imiloa Institute, healthy vegan meals are prepared using Costa Rican food sustainability practices that are healthy for the earth, and for us.
- We will paint, draw, sculpt, collage, and explore other forms of creativity. There is no right or wrong way to express yourself. No experience or skill required.
- Discover a deeper love and understanding of self through the healing powers of art making.
- A creative journey of self-exploration, personal growth, and connection to your intuitive self and the world around you.
Meditation, Yoga & Sound Healing
- Beginner and experienced guided sunrise yoga sessions.
- Daily guided meditations, breathing techniques for centering, anxiety relief, and grounding.
- Sound healing sessions to quiet the mind and ease the body.
- Enjoy exotic beach sunsets and the restorative flow and wisdom fostered by Mother Earth while swimming in her waterfalls.
- Ground ourselves by working with the clay that comes directly from the ground in Costa Rica.
- Experience exotic bio-diversity of the region.
Meet Your Guides
Art Therapist, Visual Artist, Founder of Madre Tierra Retreats
My name is Ella. I’m an intuitive painter and an art therapist, but above all, I am human, and my mission in life is to help other humans discover a deeper love and understanding of themselves through the healing powers of art making
Together, we’ll paint, draw, sculpt, collage, and explore other forms of creativity, but I am not an art teacher, and when we work together, there is no right or wrong way to express yourself. I am here to guide you on a creative journey of self-exploration, personal growth, and connection to your intuitive self and the world around you.
Yoga Instructor, Sound Healer, & Meditation Facilitator
We all have our stories. My past was filled with challenging moments, which ultimately became the platform to rise into my most empowered self. Yoga, meditation and sound healing were tools I learned throughout my life that helped me heal in layers so that I could create a new story. My passion is to hold compassionate space for you and provide you with the tools as you lead your own path. One of my favorite quotes is by Yung Pueblo who says, “you are your own hero, healer and leader”.
I am here to inspire and empower you to find your own strength as you move past old conditioning and remember the light that you are.
“I have now been to two different Madre Tierra retreats and that’s just the beginning. These experiences have been transformative for me, and I will continue to attend as many retreats as I can. I’ve benefitted immensely from the varied workshops and especially meeting from the fellow attendees. What a beautiful way to connect with like-minded people. Madre Tierra retreats combine nature and art with a focus on personal growth. It’s spiritual summer camp! Personally, I was so inspired by the last retreat that I’ve continued to pursue art, painting, collage, and try all kinds forms of self-expression. Can’t wait for the next time I can reconnect with myself and Mother Earth!”
“I use my social media to focus in on and reinforce the idea of self-care, physically and mentally. I do not do this for others but as a consistent reminder to myself. I’ve been actively working for the last year towards acknowledging and confronting my demons such as anger, irrationality, self-pity, resentment, immaturity, etc… A few months ago at the Madre Tierra Retreat, I moved from acknowledgement to acceptance. Since then i have felt freed from the burden of these traits. I discovered that I am fully empowered and in control and I was taught some strategies to work on. It’s not easy for me to say I’m no angel, but at least now I no longer feel helpless towards.”
“Words can’t even begin to describe the beautiful experience I had at Madre Tierra retreat. During my time I had the chance to experience so many different things… I got to spend time with my friends on a deeper level, and also got to meet some extraordinary people that were new and amazing. The environment that was created was so unique and special that people including myself were able to release their inhibitions and truly be themselves. The tears, laughter, openness and appreciation that joined us all as one is something I’ll never forget. The Madre Tierra retreat came together in such a harmonious way that it left all of us who started as strangers – feeling connected, peaceful and as if we had known each other forever. I truly believe everyone found a little piece of themselves that they didn’t know they were searching for.”