A 5-day wellness retreat to help busy women reconnect with their warrior spirit, rejuvenate their soul, ignite their passion, build their confidence and find FUN again in life.
JULY 12-17, 2023
About The Retreat
Guilt, work, and stress have stolen our fun. As adults, we’ve been taught that having fun doesn’t equal success or productivity. As busy women, we juggle all sorts of responsibilities and can feel burned out and controlled by our never-ending to-do list as a result. This retreat is all about finding FUN again, reconnecting with your passion, rejuvenating your soul and building your confidence so you can go after your wildest dreams.
Imagine coming away from this experience as a powerhouse warrior and the impact that will have on your family legacy. Rather than being the one who “keeps it all together” for everyone around you, you now hold the keys that enable you to replenish your energy at will, while uplifting those same people and changing the energy dynamics in your work and in your family.
Filling your life with meaningful moments gives you joy in the present and for the future – in the form of memories you can cherish through the years. You’ll learn to sense when your mind and body need a break from productivity to do something fun and how to pause to notice the fun you’re having in life’s big and little moments. This gives yourself the time you need to create joy and is an essential part of self-care.
If you’ve been feeling like you’re running on empty or simply not as fulfilled as you imagined being at this point in your life or perhaps you’re yearning for community or just need a break, this retreat is for you.
Do you want to have more fun, unlearn what the diet culture has taught you, change your lifestyle and use self-care to create the happiest, healthiest and strongest version of YOU? Then book now.
What You Will Learn
- Have the confidence to make healthy choices without second-guessing yourself or feeling guilty about it.
- Develop your belief system so you can always focus on thinking the thoughts that serve you and confidently take action toward goals that are in alignment with your values.
- Deeply nourish your body, mind and spirit with nutritious foods, movement, mindfulness practices and unexpected adventures so you can build healthy habits that create freedom, peace and confidence.
- Untangle the unconscious, self-sabotaging habits that drain your energy and develop habits that enable you to thrive even when life is chaotic.
- Reconnect with your body, foster resilience, and deepen your intimacy with nature so you can recharge yourself for the people and things that matter most.
- Make choices that allow a sense of calm, ease or peacefulness when you’re feeling negative emotions so you can remain committed to taking care of yourself.
- Maximize your energy levels, metabolism, and emotional resilience with rejuvenating rituals each morning and evening.
What You Will Gain
Susan is a certified Life & Health Coach, Air Force Veteran, firefighter wife, and mom of 6 who is in love with wellness and having fun! Most days you’ll catch me dancing, riding my bike, or spending time outside.
I educate exhausted women who are struggling with motivation and confidence so they can have ENDLESS ENERGY to keep up with all the things they’re juggling, thrive in life and have FUN. I imagine a world where women don’t feel guilty for taking time for self care and instead have the energy, motivation and confidence to live their life according to the purpose they’re called for and have the courage to go after their big, scary and wildest dreams.
The ability to let go and embrace the playful, silly side of life should be right up there with nutritious food, sleep and exercise on your self-care checklist. When you understand that your mental health is just as important as your physical health, fun no longer feels frivolous. Noticing the fun in your everyday life is a form of mindfulness.
I know how it feels to be exhausted and self-conscious. I know the struggle of balancing all the chaos of kids and jobs and often doing it solo while my husband is on military duty or on shift at the fire department.
I’m on a mission to make health and wellness enjoyable so it doesn’t feel like such a daunting task. I work with my clients on habit change so that new ways of doing things just become who they are and what they do without having to think about it – and in a way that feels easy and FUN!
It is my honor and privilege to share the truth with other busy women who struggle with guilt in taking time for themselves: You have unique talents and gifts to give the world and if you’re not taking care of your mind, body and spirit, the world is missing out on YOU!
Designed as a fully inclusive and individually crafted wellness experience, all you need to do is show up, ready to relax and rejuvenate and we’ll take care of the rest!
A completely private campus; available to your retreat group only. Access to a private waterfall, nature paths, incredible flora and fauna, and an ocean view infinity pool. Also included is a dedicated team of 20+ local professionals to coordinate everything for your enjoyment, from touch down to take off.
Private transportation from the International airport to our campus; a private driver and transportation to our campus in Imiloa Mountain.
- Wellness Gift Basket
- Welcome Sunset Happy Hour with Mocktails Poolside
- Workshops to choose from throughout your stay
- Yoga classes and guided meditation
- Imiloa Exclusive chef led cooking class
- 1-hour spa treatment of your choice
- Cano Island Excursion (snorkel, swim, boat)
- Beach dinner party with music, bonfire, and drinks
- Access to private waterfall, river adventures, and miles of jungle paths for relaxation, meditation and exploration
You are on your own wellness journey and you’re invited to attend all, some or none of the activities. This experience is all about you!
What’s Not Included
Flights to SJO
You will be immersed in a 22-acre jungle oasis in Dominical, Costa Rica.
This enchanted mountainside jungle venue is ten minutes from the beach and it is the perfect setting to experience deep healing, embraced by nature, yet completely luxurious.
While staying at Imiloa you will enjoy our nature paths, our private waterfall, our salt-water pool, stunning views and delicious and nutritious meals by our five-star vegan chef.
Included in each accommodation is the comfiest mattresses, 850 thread count sheets, storage space and dry rooms as needed, fiber optic internet, daily cleaning service, private en-suite bath, indoor/outdoor design for every accommodation with a focus on nature and being your private refuge, and full service, thrice-filtered private well for drinking water throughout the property.
Bali Village is perched 1200 feet about the Pacific Ocean, on a ridge line of flora, fauna and wildlife every direction you look. These 5 accommodations are 160-200 year old homes imported from Bali. Each with their own en suite bathrooms, the homes bring you back and create a self space for rejuvenation and transformation.
BALI MASTER SUITE
200 Year Old Homes from Bali. Imported from the Java Islands, these homes boast outdoor showers, full kitchen access, surreal vista views to the Pacific, their own salt water plunge pools and hand-carved art that is as old as the houses.
Perched on the edge of the cliff, at the furthest end of the property, sits a 170 year old home from the Java Islands we call Jogolo. Complete with a writer’s desk, outdoor Balinese shower, hand-carved architecture that will transport you to another land and time, Jogolo is teeming with history and comfort. Your cold plunge pool is adjacent to a warm bath, both outdoor. Full kitchen, too.
This two-floor imported home from Bali will have you wishing you’d never leave. Complete with a King Bed and a twin in the corner of the 180 year old home, Potoo has modern luxury with 360 views of the Pacific. On the lower level, a plunge pool and private spa. Potoo also includes many outdoor chairs, hammocks and a full kitchen, too.
Six Jungle Bungalows built on the side of the mountain on the pathway to our very own private waterfall. Bali inspired, the interiors feature natural finishings and a gorgeous exposed shower and bath tub.
Six Buckminster Fuller inspired Geodesic River Domes, among the best made in the world and partially powered by solar energy, sit perched on the edge of our private river with the fresh, flowing water feeding up to the domes. Experience the soothing sounds of relaxing and sleeping next to flowing water. Amazing!
THE HOUSE OF MASTERS
The House of Masters, located in the center of the property, is a 2,000 square foot Balinese structure hanging 100 feet in the Jungle canopy. Adjacent are restrooms and a yoga storage room for mats, blocks and more. The space can be converted for any type of retreat, workshop or dance party.
THE HEART OF IMILOA
A sprawling 3,000 square foot space that is the “Heart of Imiloa,” our social space features loungy, multicultural inspired furnishings, couches, and 5 imported tables from Bali, all under a Polynesian style roof.
Jungle paths connect the 20+ acres at Imiloa, with hand-made stairs and lighting, creating an immersive, easy experience for you and guests.
Beyond the Jungle Bungalows is a path that leads to our own private waterfall. Descend into what feels like an enchanted jungle forest as you bask in the magic and beauty of the surrounding nature.
Imiloa’s world-class spa is a curated, sensual and deeply moving experience. Choose from Ayurvedic massages and practices, to a shamanic masseuse from our team members who are from the Boruca indigenous tribe here in Costa Rica, to more traditional Swedish, relaxation or Thai yoga massages, body wraps and others. A full list of spa offerings and a link to book during your free time will be provided to you before you arrival.
- Schedule your plane to arrive at SJO. In order to access your private plane charter, all guests must be at the Domestic Terminal at SJO San Jose, Costa Rica no later than 3PM on the arrival day.
- Once landed, proceed to customs and instructions will be provided to meet Imiloa concierge.
- Proceed to baggage claim with concierge and proceed to Domestic Terminal (3 minute walk from International Terminal). Please be at the Domesitc Terminal at SJO San Jose, Costa Rica no later than 3PM on your day of arrival.
- Private Imiloa plane will be waiting to fly you to Quepos.
- Private ground transport shuttles will pick you up in Quepos and bring you to Imiloa.
- If you are already in Costa Rica, ground transport may be coordinated from Quepos, Dominical or Uvita as inclusive.
- Please do not plan to drive to Imiloa on your own. It is not permitted.
- If you need to arrive the day before, please stay at the Hampton Inn across from the airport, or plan to be in the San Jose Domestic Terminal for private flight to Imiloa by no later than 3PM (instructions will be emailed).
- You will depart Imiloa at 9AM, and arrive at the landing strip at 9:30AM, with an estimated arrival to SJO airport at 10:30AM. The domestic terminal is a 5-10 minute walk to the international terminal at SJO. Typically, it is suggested to be at the international terminal 2.5 hours prior to your international departure. Please book your departing international flight accordingly, knowing that you will be at the airport at 10:30AM on departure day.
Questions? Email us: email@example.com
TRAVEL INSURANCE and COVID PROCEDURES
- Imiloa has partnered with a comprehensive travel insurance provider that meets the entry requirements for Costa Rica and offers “cancel for any reason” plans to maximize coverage: www.globalrescue.com/imiloa (additional cost)
- COVID tests for entry and exit requirements to your home country can be done on site. We have an on-call physician that can come to the property for testing and results sent in English.
- We follow cleansing and sanitization protocols as per Ministry of Health to ensure a safe environment
- Staff and retreat participants are asked to follow and safety guidelines such as social distancing, washing of hands, and proper mask wearing.
Imiloa is located in the jungle, at the top of a mountain, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Our lush retreat center is located adjacent to the second most biodiverse land on the planet.
Dominical, only 13 minutes away, is a beach town with surfer vibes, great coffee and plenty of shopping. Just north of our municipality is Quepos and to the south, Ojochal and Uvita, which is known as the Whale’s Tail.
Just 45 minutes east sits Costa Rica’s second largest city, San Isidro. Within an hour of Imiloa in all directions, you have access to airports, cafes, beaches, waterfalls, biodiversity and happy people ready to show you the lush, lovely area we call home.
You’ll arrive easily on our private plane, and your group will enjoy unlimited transportation to and from the beach, to and from the airport and throughout your stay with us.