COVID 19 Policy
At Imiloa, the well-being of our guests and staff is at the forefront of everything we do.
In order to provide guests and staff with the confidence and assurance that their health and safety is our top priority, we are updating our Covid protocols starting January 5, 2022 so that any significant changes due to the spread of Covid-19 and its variants are being taken into account. Updates to our policy will be made as needed or in compliance with policies mandated by the government of Costa Rica.
The Imiloa campus is predominantly open-air and during meals, classes, and in our accommodations there is continual access to fresh air from the outdoors.
BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL AT IMILOA
- Starting on January 5, 2022. Imiloa requires that each guest, prior to arriving at Imiloa, provide proof of a negative Covid test (Laboratory Certified Antigen or PCR test, no older than 36 hours). This policy applies to all guests accessing the Imiloa property (host and participants). You may also use an at-home antigen test that has been witnessed by a licensed healthcare professional (doctor, nurse, pharmacist). It must include their signature, license number, and date of test.
- Please submit proof of your negative Covid test CLICK HERE
- If you have not supplied a negative Covid test result or have tested positive for Covid prior to arriving at Imiloa you will not be allowed to check-in to your accommodations until tested.
COSTA RICA COVID POLICIES
- Everyone entering Costa Rica is required to complete the Healthpass form. This is typically emailed to you by the airline and can be filled out starting 72 hours prior to your flight departure date and time. You can access it here: https://salud.go.cr
- If you are vaccinated you no longer need proof of travel insurance that covers Covid medical and possible quarantine costs. You will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
- If you have not been vaccinated you will need to provide proof of insurance that covers Covid medical and possible quarantine costs. Insurance requirements and options for purchasing the insurance can be found here: CR Travel Insurance or you can visit www.globalrescue.com/imiloa
HOW IMILOA PROTECTS YOU DURING YOUR TRANSFER FROM/TO THE AIRPORT AND IMILOA
- If you are traveling via our private charter flight service from/to SJO all passengers must wear a mask during the entire journey (in the plane, at the airfield, and while in vehicles traveling from the airfield to Imiloa).
- If you are traveling via our fleet of ground transport vehicles from/to SJO all passengers must wear masks during the entire journey to Imiloa.
- All vehicles are sanitized before and after use.
- All drivers will wear masks, and receive daily temperature checks.
DURING YOUR STAY
- Daily, self-report temperature checks will be conducted each morning during breakfast when you enter The Heart. This is done on the honor system.
- Enhanced food safety and hygiene protocols for dining – Imiloa staff wear masks and gloves while preparing and serving food in The Heart.
- Imiloa guests leaving the campus will have to follow local Costa Rica guidelines related to wearing masks in public places, restaurants, etc.
RE-ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR RETURN HOME
The US and many other countries require that returning travelers show a negative Covid test before re-entry (within 24 hours of arrival in the US).
We recommend scheduling your test on your day of departure at the SJO airport. Use this link to schedule and pay for your test: https://covid.morphotr.com/lab.cfm
If you have special circumstances that will not allow you to test at the airport on your day of departure you may request to be tested at Imiloa.
The tests are facilitated by the staff of a local medical clinic and Costa Rican laboratory, so that you can rest assured that you are meeting all the requirements for your travel home.
Current Covid Test Prices:
$150 usd antigen
$200 usd pcr
$120 usd antigen
$175 usd pcr
11 or more people:
If you prefer to arrange your own Covid test before departing Costa Rica, this is the list of approved facilities: Licensed Covid Test Facilities
For additional travel requirements that may apply to your trip, please do not forget to check the official site of the Costa Rican Tourism Board HERE.
Please contact Imiloa by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.