A 6-day enriching retreat for Black women over the age of 40 seeking transformation to reclaim their lives, recharge their health and renew their spirit.
April 28 – May 3, 2022
About The Retreat
Come join us in magical Costa Rica, where the ocean meets the jungle, to harness the power of LOVE! The lush landscape and warm tropical air will set the stage for a profound, playful and empowering experience.
Imagine an immersive and engaging opportunity to rediscover self in a safe space within a community of Black women in a beautiful tropical environment. Participants will have fun while experiencing a new side of self in order to return home with a new sense of freedom and intention as it relates to physical, spiritual and emotional health. Attendees will leave feeling rejuvenated and motivated to not simply survive, but instead thrive during midlife and beyond.
Finding Your Voice Wellness & Mindset Coaching is excited to host an international experiential retreat for Black women who are at least 40 yrs of age seeking to disconnect from current stressors and reconnect with self in a special and meaningful way. Our community is focused on providing nurturing and self-exploratory experiences that lead to improved physical, mental and spiritual health.
Given the impact of COVID-19 on society, the retreat is an opportunity for women to rejuvenate and explore parts of themselves that may have been neglected during the pandemic. “Find Her Voice, Heal Her Soul” retreat will offer daily activities led by experts in the area of yoga, meditation, spirituality, women empowerment, plant-based nutrition, health coaching, relationship building and personal development while also having plenty of time for rest, restoration and exploration of Costa Rica’s natural environment.
While individual and unique healing will occur, the collective energy of the group and the established safe space will bring new awareness in both expected and unexpected ways. Ultimately, we understand that life after 40 presents inevitable changes…now its time to invest in your personal growth while making joy and wellness a priority.
Do you want to learn how to reclaim your life, recharge your health and renew your spirit? Then book now!
What You Will Learn
- Experience sisterhood & community support by receiving and giving positive energy.
- Explore personal mindset, habits and triggers that cause barriers in your growth and wellness.
- Unpack personal barriers and develop new methods to overcome obstacles
- Gain new tools of spiritual & emotional restoration to implement in your daily lifestyle
- Activate healing and transformation using movement, meditation and nutrition.
- Discover nature and its connection to your overall wellness.
What You Will Gain
Kenya McGuire Johnson
Kenya McGuire Johnson is a creative entrepreneur, certified health, wellness & mindset coach and a recording artist/vocalist & songwriter. As a healing practitioner and founder of Finding Your Voice Wellness & Mindset Coaching, she provides strategies that promote transformation while manifesting healthy & meaningful lifestyles for women of color at midlife (40 and above). A graduate of Howard University, Kenya is also the Program Manager for Student, Professional and Career Development for Bachelor Programs in the College of Health Sciences at Rush University in Chicago, IL. When she is not counseling or coaching, she is creating and recording music, performing both domestically and internationally, co-hosting the “Making Money in the Music Business” Podcast and overseeing KenyaMJ Music Productions, LLC.
Single occupancy in your own private Jungle bungalow or Geodesic Dome with views of the jungle
A completely private campus; available to your retreat group only. Access to a private waterfall, nature paths, incredible flora and fauna, and an ocean view infinity pool. Also included is a dedicated team of 20+ local professionals to coordinate everything for your enjoyment, from touch down to take off.
Private transportation from the International airport to our campus; a private driver and transportation to our campus in Imiloa Mountain.
What’s Not Included
Flights to SJO, Spa Services
You will be immersed in a 22-acre jungle oasis in Dominical, Costa Rica.
This enchanted mountainside jungle venue is ten minutes from the beach and it is the perfect setting to experience deep healing, embraced by nature, yet completely luxurious.
While staying at Imiloa you will enjoy our nature paths, our private waterfall, our salt-water pool, stunning views and delicious and nutritious meals by our five-star vegan chef.
Included in each accommodation is the comfiest mattresses, 850 thread count sheets, storage space and dry rooms as needed, fiber optic internet, daily cleaning service, private en-suite bath, indoor/outdoor design for every accommodation with a focus on nature and being your private refuge, and full service, thrice-filtered private well for drinking water throughout the property.
Bali Village is perched 1200 feet about the Pacific Ocean, on a ridge line of flora, fauna and wildlife every direction you look. These 5 accommodations are 160-200 year old homes imported from Bali. Each with their own en suite bathrooms, the homes bring you back and create a self space for rejuvenation and transformation.
BALI MASTER SUITE
200 Year Old Homes from Bali. Imported from the Java Islands, these homes boast outdoor showers, full kitchen access, surreal vista views to the Pacific, their own salt water plunge pools and hand-carved art that is as old as the houses.
Perched on the edge of the cliff, at the furthest end of the property, sits a 170 year old home from the Java Islands we call Jogolo. Complete with a writer’s desk, outdoor Balinese shower, hand-carved architecture that will transport you to another land and time, Jogolo is teeming with history and comfort. Your cold plunge pool is adjacent to a warm bath, both outdoor. Full kitchen, too.
This two-floor imported home from Bali will have you wishing you’d never leave. Complete with a King Bed and a twin in the corner of the 180 year old home, Potoo has modern luxury with 360 views of the Pacific. On the lower level, a plunge pool and private spa. Potoo also includes many outdoor chairs, hammocks and a full kitchen, too.
Six Jungle Bungalows built on the side of the mountain on the pathway to our very own private waterfall. Bali inspired, the interiors feature natural finishings and a gorgeous exposed shower and bath tub.
Six Buckminster Fuller inspired Geodesic River Domes, among the best made in the world and partially powered by solar energy, sit perched on the edge of our private river with the fresh, flowing water feeding up to the domes. Experience the soothing sounds of relaxing and sleeping next to flowing water. Amazing!
THE HOUSE OF MASTERS
The House of Masters, located in the center of the property, is a 2,000 square foot Balinese structure hanging 100 feet in the Jungle canopy. Adjacent are restrooms and a yoga storage room for mats, blocks and more. The space can be converted for any type of retreat, workshop or dance party.
THE HEART OF IMILOA
A sprawling 3,000 square foot space that is the “Heart of Imiloa,” our social space features loungy, multicultural inspired furnishings, couches, and 5 imported tables from Bali, all under a Polynesian style roof.
Jungle paths connect the 20+ acres at Imiloa, with hand-made stairs and lighting, creating an immersive, easy experience for you and guests.
Beyond the Jungle Bungalows is a path that leads to our own private waterfall. Descend into what feels like an enchanted jungle forest as you bask in the magic and beauty of the surrounding nature.
Imiloa’s world-class spa is a curated, sensual and deeply moving experience. Choose from Ayurvedic massages and practices, to a shamanic masseuse from our team members who are from the Boruca indigenous tribe here in Costa Rica, to more traditional Swedish, relaxation or Thai yoga massages, body wraps and others. A full list of spa offerings and a link to book during your free time will be provided to you before you arrival.
- Schedule your plane to arrive at SJO. In order to access your private plane charter, all guests must be at the Domestic Terminal at SJO San Jose, Costa Rica no later than 3PM on the arrival day.
- Once landed, proceed to customs and instructions will be provided to meet Imiloa concierge.
- Proceed to baggage claim with concierge and proceed to Domestic Terminal (3 minute walk from International Terminal). Please be at the Domesitc Terminal at SJO San Jose, Costa Rica no later than 3PM on your day of arrival.
- Private Imiloa plane will be waiting to fly you to Quepos.
- Private ground transport shuttles will pick you up in Quepos and bring you to Imiloa.
- If you are already in Costa Rica, ground transport may be coordinated from Quepos, Dominical or Uvita as inclusive.
- Please do not plan to drive to Imiloa on your own. It is not permitted.
- If you need to arrive the day before, please stay at the Hampton Inn across from the airport, or plan to be in the San Jose Domestic Terminal for private flight to Imiloa by no later than 3PM (instructions will be emailed).
- You will depart Imiloa at 9AM, and arrive at the landing strip at 9:30AM, with an estimated arrival to SJO airport at 10:30AM. The domestic terminal is a 5-10 minute walk to the international terminal at SJO. Typically, it is suggested to be at the international terminal 2.5 hours prior to your international departure. Please book your departing international flight accordingly, knowing that you will be at the airport at 10:30AM on departure day.
Questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
TRAVEL INSURANCE and COVID PROCEDURES
- Imiloa has partnered with a comprehensive travel insurance provider that meets the entry requirements for Costa Rica and offers “cancel for any reason” plans to maximize coverage: www.globalrescue.com/imiloa (additional cost)
- COVID tests for entry and exit requirements to your home country can be done on site. We have an on-call physician that can come to the property for testing and results sent in English.
- We follow cleansing and sanitization protocols as per Ministry of Health to ensure a safe environment
- Staff and retreat participants are asked to follow and safety guidelines such as social distancing, washing of hands, and proper mask wearing.
Imiloa is located in the jungle, at the top of a mountain, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Our lush retreat center is located adjacent to the second most biodiverse land on the planet.
Dominical, only 13 minutes away, is a beach town with surfer vibes, great coffee and plenty of shopping. Just north of our municipality is Quepos and to the south, Ojochal and Uvita, which is known as the Whale’s Tail.
Just 45 minutes east sits Costa Rica’s second largest city, San Isidro. Within an hour of Imiloa in all directions, you have access to airports, cafes, beaches, waterfalls, biodiversity and happy people ready to show you the lush, lovely area we call home.
You’ll arrive easily on our private plane, and your group will enjoy unlimited transportation to and from the beach, to and from the airport and throughout your stay with us.