A 5-night and 6-day fully inclusive & custom crafted wellness journey
June 11 – 16, 2023
About The Signature Retreat
Journey through the senses and return to a sense of wholeness in our 22-acre mountaintop estate at Imiloa in Costa Rica.
Designed as a fully inclusive and individually crafted wellness experience, Imiloa’s Signature Retreat features workshops, spa treatments and adventures with some of Costa Rica’s best practitioners in the areas of metaphysics, health, wellness and eco-tourism. Come choose-your-own adventure.
This retreat is perfect for those with busy lives, professional or personal, that want to experience Costa Rica and Imiloa but who want a bit more freedom than the structure of one of our 140+ retreats.
At Imiloa Signature Retreats, partake in all of it or none of it.
The journey is up to you.
All Imiloa Signature Guests Will Receive:
- 6 days and 5 nights luxury accommodations
- Gourmet plantbased meals (all inclusive)
- 5 Workshops to choose from throughout your stay
- Yoga classes & guided meditation
- 2 (1-hour) spa treatments of your choice
- 3 sacred ceremonies (fire & drumming, cacao and sound bathing)
- A beach party with music, bonfire, snacks and drinks
- Private plane transfers from SJO airport to Imiloa’s landing strip and all inclusive ground transportation
- Access to our private waterfall, river and miles of jungle paths for relaxation, meditation and exploration
You are on your individual journey at Imiloa. We invite you to attend all, some or none of the activities. This week is about you.
Day 1 | ARRIVAL
- Arrive in Costa Rica at SJO airport and enjoy a private flight to the landing strip near Imiloa. You will meet the rest of your retreat group and enjoy the beautiful scenery as you fly over Costa Rica’s mountains and the pacific coast line.
- Upon arrival at Imiloa we will gather for delicious mocktails and enjoy a beautiful sunset, followed by a 3-course dinner.
- Tonight is for good rest and relaxation so that you can fully enjoy your Signature Retreat experience.
Day 2 | MIND
- Begin your first day at Imiloa with a hot beverage of your choice delivered to your doorstep.
- Enjoy meditation or yoga before heading to a delicious gourmet breakfast.
- Ground yourself with our Signature journaling workshop, followed by free time and spa sessions.
- Tonight we will have a Sound Healing experience perfect to calm the senses and the mind.
Day 3 | HEART
- We will start the day with an immersive and heart opening cacao ceremony, followed by an invigorating Ecstatic dance class. Through these two activities we invite you to get out of your mind and into your body.
- This afternoon you can decide if you want to hike our jungle trails, visit the waterfall or venture down to the beach. The choice is yours.
- We will have a lovely afternoon meditation followed by a delicious 3-course dinner. Free evening.
Day 4 | BODY
- Wake up slowly or start the day off with an energizing yoga class.
- Imiloa is famous for our cuisine, and today you get to peek behind the curtain. Our executive chef and his team will lead you in a plant based food workshop and cooking class. You’ll also have a chance to explore Imiloa’s edible garden. Experience eating in a whole new way!
- In the afternoon you will experience our signature Compassionate Inquiry workshop. You will also have free time to book spa treatments.
Day 5 | SPIRIT
- Today we will start with a morning of silence. Witness the power of silence to quiet your mind and enhance your senses.
- Experience a silent breakfast and how you notice the taste, texture, and smell of your food.
- The workshop of the day is a sacred Blue Clay experience at our own waterfall. A clay that comes from the mountains near Imiloa.
- In the afternoon we will head down to the beach to close out the retreat experience with a fun beach party, bonfire, drumming and sunset.
Day 6 | SOUL
- Meet for one last yoga session before enjoying our last breakfast together.
- We will depart Imiloa around 9AM to take the private plane back to SJO.
What You Will Learn
By activating the senses in community and fellowship, you’ll start to uncover the areas of your life that have hidden blocks and can learn how to bring it to the surface to be cleared.
By cleansing using our cleansing protocol, spa treatments and Ayurvedic-inspired menu (Medical Medium protocol available), you’ll learn to have a new relationship with food
You’ll discover a new possibility for your life or business because of the biomimetics of nature as you’re surrounded by it in the jungle at Imiloa. The regenerative qualities of our environment mirror the possibility of our life, business and relationships as we learn to listen.
The team at Imiloa created a space where everyone was able to come and connect immediately, to let their guards down and just be. The facilitators for dance and yoga and cacao held such beautiful spaces and allowed everyone to fully expand into their own being and to truly feel. And the grounds are absolutely stunning!! Imiloa makes you feel at home in your soul.
This experience was truly a reset of my system. All parts. I was able to relax. I worked on breathing. I stretched with yoga. I virtually lived outside in nature and reconnected with the place I felt most comfortable. I re-tuned my body with sound and dance. I ate only foods that were good and fed and honored my system. I drank water and rehydrated. I listened to nature. I watched all sorts of creatures like a child. I had time to be curious. I took naps and slept and woke up when I wanted to. I had massages to release the built up stresses. I swam daily and dipped in the waterfall. I did not have to do anything for anyone except listen to me. First me, second me, and third me. I felt at ease. I felt energy. I felt mostly present. I could think clearly about myself and eventually see from above and what I could possibly want to be for others. I took long breaths and moved and meditated and no one called on me for anything. I could not want for anything more. It was and is my dream of heaven for my body and soul.
The signature retreat had a huge impact on my mental health & allowed me to draw from my inner spirit to become more peaceful and accepting of myself. It was transformational.
All the activities really worked to open me up, and then the time in between activities really allowed me to process, expand, integrate and chill. And, the waterfall is truly a magical spot – had a huge transformative breakthrough there!
My favorite parts of the Signature Retreat were the space and staff, the balanced blend of free time and activities, the blue clay experience, cacao ceremony, community cooking exercise, ecstatic dance, elixirs and juices, the warm drink and cookie delivery, bed was very comfortable, shower water temp and pressure where awesome, the variety of accommodations, potable water available everywhere, labeled plants in the garden, waterfall was spectacular (I went 3x!)
A completely private campus; available to your retreat group only. Access to a private waterfall, nature paths, incredible flora and fauna, and an ocean view infinity pool. Also included is a dedicated team of 20+ local professionals to coordinate everything for your enjoyment, from touch down to take off.
Private transportation from the International airport to our campus; a private driver and transportation to our campus in Imiloa Mountain.
You will be immersed in a 22-acre jungle oasis in Dominical, Costa Rica.
This enchanted mountainside jungle venue is ten minutes from the beach and it is the perfect setting to experience deep healing, embraced by nature, yet completely luxurious.
While staying at Imiloa you will enjoy our nature paths, our private waterfall, our salt-water pool, stunning views and delicious and nutritious meals by our five-star vegan chef.
Included in each accommodation is the comfiest mattresses, 850 thread count sheets, storage space and dry rooms as needed, fiber optic internet, daily cleaning service, private en-suite bath, indoor/outdoor design for every accommodation with a focus on nature and being your private refuge, and full service, thrice-filtered private well for drinking water throughout the property.
Bali Village is perched 1200 feet about the Pacific Ocean, on a ridge line of flora, fauna and wildlife every direction you look. These 5 accommodations are 160-200 year old homes imported from Bali. Each with their own en suite bathrooms, the homes bring you back and create a self space for rejuvenation and transformation.
BALI MASTER SUITE
200 Year Old Homes from Bali. Imported from the Java Islands, these homes boast outdoor showers, full kitchen access, surreal vista views to the Pacific, their own salt water plunge pools and hand-carved art that is as old as the houses.
Perched on the edge of the cliff, at the furthest end of the property, sits a 170 year old home from the Java Islands we call Jogolo. Complete with a writer’s desk, outdoor Balinese shower, hand-carved architecture that will transport you to another land and time, Jogolo is teeming with history and comfort. Your cold plunge pool is adjacent to a warm bath, both outdoor. Full kitchen, too.
This two-floor imported home from Bali will have you wishing you’d never leave. Complete with a King Bed and a twin in the corner of the 180 year old home, Potoo has modern luxury with 360 views of the Pacific. On the lower level, a plunge pool and private spa. Potoo also includes many outdoor chairs, hammocks and a full kitchen, too.
Six Jungle Bungalows built on the side of the mountain on the pathway to our very own private waterfall. Bali inspired, the interiors feature natural finishings and a gorgeous exposed shower and bath tub.
Six Buckminster Fuller inspired Geodesic River Domes, among the best made in the world and partially powered by solar energy, sit perched on the edge of our private river with the fresh, flowing water feeding up to the domes. Experience the soothing sounds of relaxing and sleeping next to flowing water. Amazing!
THE HOUSE OF MASTERS
The House of Masters, located in the center of the property, is a 2,000 square foot Balinese structure hanging 100 feet in the Jungle canopy. Adjacent are restrooms and a yoga storage room for mats, blocks and more. The space can be converted for any type of retreat, workshop or dance party.
THE HEART OF IMILOA
A sprawling 3,000 square foot space that is the “Heart of Imiloa,” our social space features loungy, multicultural inspired furnishings, couches, and 5 imported tables from Bali, all under a Polynesian style roof.
Jungle paths connect the 20+ acres at Imiloa, with hand-made stairs and lighting, creating an immersive, easy experience for you and guests.
Beyond the Jungle Bungalows is a path that leads to our own private waterfall. Descend into what feels like an enchanted jungle forest as you bask in the magic and beauty of the surrounding nature.
Imiloa’s world-class spa is a curated, sensual and deeply moving experience. Choose from Ayurvedic massages and practices, to a shamanic masseuse from our team members who are from the Boruca indigenous tribe here in Costa Rica, to more traditional Swedish, relaxation or Thai yoga massages, body wraps and others. A full list of spa offerings and a link to book during your free time will be provided to you before you arrival.
- Schedule your plane to arrive at SJO. In order to access your private plane charter, all guests must be at the Domestic Terminal at SJO San Jose, Costa Rica no later than 3PM on the arrival day.
- Once landed, proceed to customs and instructions will be provided to meet Imiloa concierge.
- Proceed to baggage claim with concierge and proceed to Domestic Terminal (3 minute walk from International Terminal). Please be at the Domesitc Terminal at SJO San Jose, Costa Rica no later than 3PM on your day of arrival.
- Private Imiloa plane will be waiting to fly you to Quepos.
- Private ground transport shuttles will pick you up in Quepos and bring you to Imiloa.
- If you are already in Costa Rica, ground transport may be coordinated from Quepos, Dominical or Uvita as inclusive.
- Please do not plan to drive to Imiloa on your own. It is not permitted.
- If you need to arrive the day before, please stay at the Hampton Inn across from the airport, or plan to be in the San Jose Domestic Terminal for private flight to Imiloa by no later than 3PM (instructions will be emailed).
- You will depart Imiloa at 9AM, and arrive at the landing strip at 9:30AM, with an estimated arrival to SJO airport at 10:30AM. The domestic terminal is a 5-10 minute walk to the international terminal at SJO. Typically, it is suggested to be at the international terminal 2.5 hours prior to your international departure. Please book your departing international flight accordingly, knowing that you will be at the airport at 10:30AM on departure day.
Questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Imiloa has partnered with a comprehensive travel insurance provider that meets the entry requirements for Costa Rica and offers “cancel for any reason” plans to maximize coverage: www.globalrescue.com/imiloa (additional cost)
- We follow cleansing and sanitization protocols as per Ministry of Health to ensure a safe environment
- Staff and retreat participants are asked to follow and safety guidelines such as social distancing, washing of hands, and proper mask wearing.
Imiloa is located in the jungle, at the top of a mountain, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Our lush retreat center is located adjacent to the second most biodiverse land on the planet.
Dominical, only 13 minutes away, is a beach town with surfer vibes, great coffee and plenty of shopping. Just north of our municipality is Quepos and to the south, Ojochal and Uvita, which is known as the Whale’s Tail.
Just 45 minutes east sits Costa Rica’s second largest city, San Isidro. Within an hour of Imiloa in all directions, you have access to airports, cafes, beaches, waterfalls, biodiversity and happy people ready to show you the lush, lovely area we call home.
You’ll arrive easily on our private plane, and your group will enjoy unlimited transportation to and from the beach, to and from the airport and throughout your stay with us.