Immerse yourself in this tropical sanctuary for a five-night, six-day couples retreat to reinvent your relationship and bring it to the next level you never imagined was possible.
March 24 – 29, 2022
About The Retreat
Transform your relationship in this private, lush, intimate setting. Give your partner the opportunity to bond while allowing nature to recalibrate your energy. Join this exclusive tropical retreat to gain wisdom and tools to empower yourself and grow your relationship.
We believe everyone deserves an amazing, long-lasting relationship. To achieve this we feel there is a basic foundation, pillars. Physical health, communication skills, mental wellness, sexual, energetic connection aka, bliss constitute a foundation.
In this retreat, we will explore each pillar and the relationship between each to connect, relax and enjoy a life worth living with each other.
The physical body is an essential component to self-empowerment and feeling good, so the connection is easy with your partner. We will discuss important foods and supplements to maintain a healthy physical body. In addition, we will talk about keeping the mind connected with the health of the body. Learn how to maintain a healthy sense through meditation, mindfulness, karmic connection, and healthy foods.
Using eastern methods to build bonds of love gives you access to a powerful connection, driving the communication bus to the correct roads yielding results versus spinning and repeating the same tiring conversations that lead to dead ends. We will take a fresh look at communication skills vital in connecting and creating the relationship you desire.
Each session will offer powerful insight to keep your body and mind strong to maintain a solid foundation for love. As humans, we are hard-wired for connection. We feel the most important relationship you have is with your partner. The exploration of each other’s mind, body, and soul offers a powerful portal for your growth and spiritual connection.
Are you ready to learn how to create the relationship and life you yearn for daily?
Do you want to reawaken yourself and your relationship?
Do you finally want that deep soul connection with your partner?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this retreat is for you. We invite you to join us in this luxurious oasis to leap into a new life for you, and your beloved.
Learn how to heal yourself through reigniting your relationship with your partner.
- Relax, recharge and enjoy yourself while getting a chance to see your partner again for the first time.
- Learn new communication secrets to move from the plateaus you have settled on; let’s reignite vitality.
- Discover a journey to joy in a relationship with your partner through learning communication, touch, and spirit.
- Obtain knowledge to energize your mind and body with eastern and western techniques, food, and supplements.
- Explore the energy in your body and how to combine this energy as a couple. Incorporate the healing power of this energy.
- Understand why things are not working anatomically and emotionally and what to do about them.
- Get back to creating the energy and clarity that will last a lifetime.
- Bonding techniques that you can bring back home to continue to reignite your life.
What You Will Gain
Ancient knowledge and insight into connecting with your own mind, body, soul allowing a deeper connection with your partner.
Rebirth of yourself and your relationship through communication, love and physical touch.
A new outlook on life and what is important in your life. Clarity in all areas.
Transformation from tired stressed life to a fun, joyful life.
Matthew Ancira is a family man, spiritual leader, meditation and chi kung teacher, energy healer, bodyworker, relationship coach, and entrepreneur. Matthew owned and operated several small businesses, founded and led a non-profit to support women and children, and pioneered an international development for holistic living. He is familiar with grassroots, corporate America, and culture from around the world.
Originally from New Orleans, traiteur healing abilities are felt in his presence. Matthew is a student of self-awareness and leads groups to achieve a state of awareness of mind, body, and spirit, purpose-filled direction, and self-empowerment.
He is an inheritor of eastern medicine healing from teacher to student, designed to fix and heal the mind and body.
Experiences include participating in Native American, shamanic and eastern medicine arts culturally and through ceremonies.
As a seasoned healer and visionary, there is a high vibration to be enveloped in while spending time with Matthew Ancira.
Dr. Lisa DeFusco-Ancira
Lisa Ancira, MD, is a mom, wife, and pediatrician. Early on in her training, she was inspired to seek natural forms of healing, such as yoga, meditation, and breathwork. Dr. Ancira has worked with children and families for 20 years, encouraging them to lead healthier and happier lives through working with the mind and body.
Lisa knows the importance of the relationship with yourself first and then your spouse/partner to maintain a healthy family, not only from first-hand experience but from daily work with sick children. She knows the commitment it takes to heal oneself to live fully.
Lisa has experience in plant medicines, western medicine, eastern medicine, meditation, chi kung, yoga, nutrition, herbs, and essential oils.
Matthew and Lisa have so much to offer through their work. Just through one group meditation on emotions, I was able to leap frog months, if not years of work dealing with my anger and other emotions. Matthew, through his body and energy work, also did more for me in one session unlocking my tight calves than weeks of physical therapy had been able to accomplish. Matthew and Lisa are personable and really care about the people they treat and work with. I can’t recommend trying Higher Purpose enough, especially if you’ve hit a dead end with conventional methods of emotional and physical healing (they are related!).
Matthew is an incredible healer! I am a very physically active person. I’ve played varsity sports, I run and bike often, and I attend many different kinds of fitness classes from boxing to pilates. This past summer, I began to experience an extremely painful feeling in my legs, so much so to the point where getting up from a chair caused me severe discomfort. I went to see Matthew for a few healing treatments, and my leg pain began to go away very quickly. Even better, my leg pain hasn’t come back so I’ve been able to continue my active lifestyle. I highly recommend Matthew for any sports/physical activity related healing needs.
($7,000 Per Couple)
Couples lodging in a luxury Jungle Bungalow or Geodesic Dome
($7,600 Per Couple)
Couples lodging in a gorgeous Balinese style suite
($8,400 Per Couple)
Couples lodging in Joglo, your own private 170 year old Balinese home with beautiful jungle and ocean views and plunge pool
A completely private campus; available to your retreat group only. Access to a private waterfall, nature paths, incredible flora and fauna, and an ocean view infinity pool. Also included is a dedicated team of 20+ local professionals to coordinate everything for your enjoyment, from touch down to take off.
Private transportation from the International airport to our campus; a private driver and transportation to our campus in Imiloa Mountain.
What’s Not Included
Flights to SJO, Spa Services
You will be immersed in a 22-acre jungle oasis in Dominical, Costa Rica.
This enchanted mountainside jungle venue is ten minutes from the beach and it is the perfect setting to experience deep healing, embraced by nature, yet completely luxurious.
While staying at Imiloa you will enjoy our nature paths, our private waterfall, our salt-water pool, stunning views and delicious and nutritious meals by our five-star vegan chef.
Included in each accommodation is the comfiest mattresses, 850 thread count sheets, storage space and dry rooms as needed, fiber optic internet, daily cleaning service, private en-suite bath, indoor/outdoor design for every accommodation with a focus on nature and being your private refuge, and full service, thrice-filtered private well for drinking water throughout the property.
Bali Village is perched 1200 feet about the Pacific Ocean, on a ridge line of flora, fauna and wildlife every direction you look. These 5 accommodations are 160-200 year old homes imported from Bali. Each with their own en suite bathrooms, the homes bring you back and create a self space for rejuvenation and transformation.
BALI MASTER SUITE
200 Year Old Homes from Bali. Imported from the Java Islands, these homes boast outdoor showers, full kitchen access, surreal vista views to the Pacific, their own salt water plunge pools and hand-carved art that is as old as the houses.
Perched on the edge of the cliff, at the furthest end of the property, sits a 170 year old home from the Java Islands we call Joglo. Complete with a writer’s desk, outdoor Balinese shower, hand-carved architecture that will transport you to another land and time, Joglo is teeming with history and comfort. Your cold plunge pool is adjacent to a warm bath, both outdoor. Full kitchen, too.
This two-floor imported home from Bali will have you wishing you’d never leave. Complete with a King Bed and a twin in the corner of the 180 year old home, Potoo has modern luxury with 360 views of the Pacific. On the lower level, a plunge pool and private spa. Potoo also includes many outdoor chairs, hammocks and a full kitchen, too.
Six Jungle Bungalows built on the side of the mountain on the pathway to our very own private waterfall. Bali inspired, the interiors feature natural finishings and a gorgeous exposed shower and bath tub.
Six Buckminster Fuller inspired Geodesic River Domes, among the best made in the world and partially powered by solar energy, sit perched on the edge of our private river with the fresh, flowing water feeding up to the domes. Experience the soothing sounds of relaxing and sleeping next to flowing water. Amazing!
THE HOUSE OF MASTERS
The House of Masters, located in the center of the property, is a 2,000 square foot Balinese structure hanging 100 feet in the Jungle canopy. Adjacent are restrooms and a yoga storage room for mats, blocks and more. The space can be converted for any type of retreat, workshop or dance party.
THE HEART OF IMILOA
A sprawling 3,000 square foot space that is the “Heart of Imiloa,” our social space features loungy, multicultural inspired furnishings, couches, and 5 imported tables from Bali, all under a Polynesian style roof.
Jungle paths connect the 20+ acres at Imiloa, with hand-made stairs and lighting, creating an immersive, easy experience for you and guests.
Beyond the Jungle Bungalows is a path that leads to our own private waterfall. Descend into what feels like an enchanted jungle forest as you bask in the magic and beauty of the surrounding nature.
Imiloa’s world-class spa is a curated, sensual and deeply moving experience. Choose from Ayurvedic massages and practices, to a shamanic masseuse from our team members who are from the Boruca indigenous tribe here in Costa Rica, to more traditional Swedish, relaxation or Thai yoga massages, body wraps and others. A full list of spa offerings and a link to book during your free time will be provided to you before you arrival.
- Schedule your plane to arrive at SJO. In order to access your private plane charter, all guests must be at the Domestic Terminal at SJO San Jose, Costa Rica no later than 3PM on the arrival day.
- Once landed, proceed to customs and instructions will be provided to meet Imiloa concierge.
- Proceed to baggage claim with concierge and proceed to Domestic Terminal (3 minute walk from International Terminal). Please be at the Domesitc Terminal at SJO San Jose, Costa Rica no later than 3PM on your day of arrival.
- Private Imiloa plane will be waiting to fly you to Quepos.
- Private ground transport shuttles will pick you up in Quepos and bring you to Imiloa.
- If you are already in Costa Rica, ground transport may be coordinated from Quepos, Dominical or Uvita as inclusive.
- Please do not plan to drive to Imiloa on your own. It is not permitted.
- If you need to arrive the day before, please stay at the Hampton Inn across from the airport, or plan to be in the San Jose Domestic Terminal for private flight to Imiloa by no later than 3PM (instructions will be emailed).
- You will depart Imiloa at 10AM, and arrive at the landing strip at 10:30AM, with an estimated arrival to SJO airport at 11:30AM. The domestic terminal is a 5-10 minute walk to the international terminal at SJO. Typically, it is suggested to be at the international terminal 2.5 hours prior to your international departure. Please book your departing international flight accordingly, knowing that you will be at the airport at 11:30AM on departure day.
Questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
TRAVEL INSURANCE and COVID PROCEDURES
- Imiloa has partnered with a comprehensive travel insurance provider that meets the entry requirements for Costa Rica and offers “cancel for any reason” plans to maximize coverage: www.globalrescue.com/imiloa (additional cost)
- COVID tests for entry and exit requirements to your home country can be done on site. We have an on-call physician that can come to the property for testing and results sent in English.
- We follow cleansing and sanitization protocols as per Ministry of Health to ensure a safe environment
- Staff and retreat participants are asked to follow and safety guidelines such as social distancing, washing of hands, and proper mask wearing.
Imiloa is located in the jungle, at the top of a mountain, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Our lush retreat center is located adjacent to the second most biodiverse land on the planet.
Dominical, only 13 minutes away, is a beach town with surfer vibes, great coffee and plenty of shopping. Just north of our municipality is Quepos and to the south, Ojochal and Uvita, which is known as the Whale’s Tail.
Just 45 minutes east sits Costa Rica’s second largest city, San Isidro. Within an hour of Imiloa in all directions, you have access to airports, cafes, beaches, waterfalls, biodiversity and happy people ready to show you the lush, lovely area we call home.
You’ll arrive easily on our private plane, and your group will enjoy unlimited transportation to and from the beach, to and from the airport and throughout your stay with us.