A luxurious, jungle retreat to replenish the body, mind and spirit and establish daily practices of self-care, mindfulness, movement and manifestation.
February 9-14, 2023
About The Retreat
Join us for an experience of luxury in nature in Costa Rica. This retreat is for high achieving women who need to rest, restore and reset. Unplug from the noise, distractions, and external demands of your hectic life. Surrounded by the beauty and peacefulness of nature, you will engage in deep reflection, relaxation, stretching, and luxurious, deep sleep.
Retreat participants will experience a deep sense of release and renewal as they partake in five and a half days of structured deep relaxation, sleep and reflection. Retreat guides will help participants shut out all the external noises, unwind tensions in the body and mind, and learn or relearn habits of self-care, mindfulness, movement and restful sleep. Participants will learn to fill their own cups and keep them filled, in order to bring their best selves to their relationships and their dreams for their lives.
This retreat is designed for Black women who:
- Need to rest, restore and reset
- Take care of others more than themselves and want to change that dynamic
- Take responsibility for the life they want
- Are willing to invest in themselves to have the life and health they want
- Are open-minded to new ways of doing things, including new routines
- Are comfortable with and like being in nature
- Are looking for a lifestyle change that will disrupt the cycle of exhaustion, overwhelm, and frustration
- Are willing to relate to, share your experiences and support others making the effort to shift
Participants will leave the retreat:
- Restored with new energy and inspiration to move into their next chapter
- Reset with new practices, habits, and tools for a more balanced lifestyle
- Empowered to set boundaries and make space for their personal care and development
- Supported by a community of women who are on the same journey
Delve into deep restoration while you reconnect to a life that you LOVE.
You deserve to rest, restore and reset. Your next chapter awaits.
What You Will Experience
Build healthy, sustainable practices to continue when you return home.
- SLEEP: Engage in deep rest and restore your mind, body, and spirit.
- MINDFULNESS: Quiet your mind so you can listen to the call of your spirit.
- MOVEMENT: Move in ways that create energy, strength and feelings of euphoria.
- HYDRATION/NUTRITION: Give your body the hydration and nutrients it needs to protect, heal and sustain you.
- SELF-CARE: Incorporate self-love and self-care as a non-negotiable part of your daily/weekly existence.
- NATURE: Connect to the healing, calming power of the natural world.
- FUN: Connect back to your inner child and develop habits of self-indulgent joy.
Guest Will Receive
- 6 days and 5 nights luxury accommodations
- 14 gourmet organic meals
- Daily sessions to help you rest, restore and reset
- Optional yoga, nature walks, and stretch sessions
- Guided sleep practices
- Daily dedicated personal time for reflection and rest
- 1 beach dinner party with music, bonfire, food and drinks
- 2 private plane transfers from SJO airport to Imiloa’s landing strip and all inclusive luxury ground transportation
- Access to private waterfall, and miles of jungle paths for relaxation, and exploration
Ewunike Akpan is a fitness professional whose mission, to help people experience the benefits of living an active lifestyle, has spanned over the past 22 years. Throughout her career as an entrepreneur and owner of LOTUS Fitness, she has focused her physical training on teaching adults and children how to move and play through functional activity, helping them to experience more ease and accessibility in every day life. Known affectionately as “Coach E”, she has lived and worked in the Washington, DC area for 30+ years and now calls the Rivera Maya area of Mexico home. Her passion for adventure, travel and fitness converged when she visited Costa Rica for the first time in 2015. Her experience inspired her to curate and lead 5 different active adventure retreats in Costa Rica where she shared its beauty, peace and naturally conducive active environment with her community.
Communications entrepreneur, and natural health coach, Nona Mitchell, has over 20 years of experience helping organizations communicate about community health, education, and community development. She has also been a natural health enthusiast for 30+ years and is a Certified Natural Health Professional. She now combines her talents to spread messages around natural healing, with a particular focus on helping women create their best lives through self-care and natural health practices that detoxify, strengthen and restore the mind, body, and spirit. A global citizen, Nona lives between Washington, DC, Riviera Maya, Mexico and other international destinations.
It was a wonderful, invigorating experience. Ewunike is a talented, skilled, inspirational leader.
My biggest “win” was being reminded that attitude has a lot to do with what you can accomplish–there were women in the group who were real “troopers” in their ability to push through their difficulties and, this, in turn was an inspiration to me.
The women on the retreat were amazing, fun characters.
I really liked the women. I had never taken a group tour before and appreciate that we all got along so well.
I have a greater appreciation for GOD’S creation seeing the variety and contrasts in nature.
I am doing more of the stretching exercise now that I have had exposure to the basic foundation–thanks Ewunike!
Investment in Yourself
Double occupancy in a Jungle Bungalow or Geodesic Dome with beautiful jungle views
Double occupancy to include you and one other attendee
Single occupancy in your own private Bungalow or Geodesic Dome with beautiful jungle views
Single occupancy to ensure privacy
Single occupancy in your own private Bali suite with beautiful jungle and ocean views
Single occupancy to ensure privacy
Lodging in your own private, 200-Year-Old Bali Home with beautiful jungle and ocean views
Single occupancy to ensure privacy
A completely private campus; available to your retreat group only. Access to a private waterfall, nature paths, incredible flora and fauna, and an ocean view infinity pool. Also included is a dedicated team of 20+ local professionals to coordinate everything for your enjoyment, from touch down to take off.
Gourmet plant-based cuisine prepared using all local and organic produce. Full meals, snacks, teas, coffees and fruit trays available throughout your stay.
Private transportation from the International airport to our campus; a private driver and transportation to our campus in Imiloa Mountain.
First 5 people who pay in full receive:
- 1 hour wellness consultant with retreat host Nona Mitchell
- Aroma Touch Hand Massage using doTERRA essential oils with retreat host Ewunike Akpan
- 1 hour massage
You will be immersed in a 22-acre jungle oasis in Dominical, Costa Rica.
This enchanted mountainside jungle venue is ten minutes from the beach and it is the perfect setting to experience deep healing, embraced by nature, yet completely luxurious.
While staying at Imiloa you will enjoy our nature paths, our private waterfall, our salt-water pool, stunning views and delicious and nutritious meals by our five-star vegan chef.
Included in each accommodation is the comfiest mattresses, 850 thread count sheets, storage space and dry rooms as needed, fiber optic internet, daily cleaning service, private en-suite bath, indoor/outdoor design for every accommodation with a focus on nature and being your private refuge, and full service, thrice-filtered private well for drinking water throughout the property.
Bali Village is perched 1200 feet about the Pacific Ocean, on a ridge line of flora, fauna and wildlife every direction you look. These 5 accommodations are 160-200 year old homes imported from Bali. Each with their own en suite bathrooms, the homes bring you back and create a self space for rejuvenation and transformation.
BALI MASTER SUITE
200 Year Old Homes from Bali. Imported from the Java Islands, these homes boast outdoor showers, full kitchen access, surreal vista views to the Pacific, their own salt water plunge pools and hand-carved art that is as old as the houses.
Perched on the edge of the cliff, at the furthest end of the property, sits a 170 year old home from the Java Islands we call Jogolo. Complete with a writer’s desk, outdoor Balinese shower, hand-carved architecture that will transport you to another land and time, Jogolo is teeming with history and comfort. Your cold plunge pool is adjacent to a warm bath, both outdoor. Full kitchen, too.
This two-floor imported home from Bali will have you wishing you’d never leave. Complete with a King Bed and a twin in the corner of the 180 year old home, Potoo has modern luxury with 360 views of the Pacific. On the lower level, a plunge pool and private spa. Potoo also includes many outdoor chairs, hammocks and a full kitchen, too.
Six Jungle Bungalows built on the side of the mountain on the pathway to our very own private waterfall. Bali inspired, the interiors feature natural finishings and a gorgeous exposed shower and bath tub.
Six Buckminster Fuller inspired Geodesic River Domes, among the best made in the world and partially powered by solar energy, sit perched on the edge of our private river with the fresh, flowing water feeding up to the domes. Experience the soothing sounds of relaxing and sleeping next to flowing water. Amazing!
THE HOUSE OF MASTERS
The House of Masters, located in the center of the property, is a 2,000 square foot Balinese structure hanging 100 feet in the Jungle canopy. Adjacent are restrooms and a yoga storage room for mats, blocks and more. The space can be converted for any type of retreat, workshop or dance party.
THE HEART OF IMILOA
A sprawling 3,000 square foot space that is the “Heart of Imiloa,” our social space features loungy, multicultural inspired furnishings, couches, and 5 imported tables from Bali, all under a Polynesian style roof.
Jungle paths connect the 20+ acres at Imiloa, with hand-made stairs and lighting, creating an immersive, easy experience for you and guests.
Beyond the Jungle Bungalows is a path that leads to our own private waterfall. Descend into what feels like an enchanted jungle forest as you bask in the magic and beauty of the surrounding nature.
Imiloa’s world-class spa is a curated, sensual and deeply moving experience. Choose from Ayurvedic massages and practices, to a shamanic masseuse from our team members who are from the Boruca indigenous tribe here in Costa Rica, to more traditional Swedish, relaxation or Thai yoga massages, body wraps and others. A full list of spa offerings and a link to book during your free time will be provided to you before you arrival.
- Schedule your plane to arrive at SJO. In order to access your private plane charter, all guests must be at the Domestic Terminal at SJO San Jose, Costa Rica no later than 3PM on the arrival day.
- Once landed, proceed to customs and instructions will be provided to meet Imiloa concierge.
- Proceed to baggage claim with concierge and proceed to Domestic Terminal (3 minute walk from International Terminal). Please be at the Domesitc Terminal at SJO San Jose, Costa Rica no later than 3PM on your day of arrival.
- Private Imiloa plane will be waiting to fly you to Quepos.
- Private ground transport shuttles will pick you up in Quepos and bring you to Imiloa.
- If you are already in Costa Rica, ground transport may be coordinated from Quepos, Dominical or Uvita as inclusive.
- Please do not plan to drive to Imiloa on your own. It is not permitted.
- If you need to arrive the day before, please stay at the Hampton Inn across from the airport, or plan to be in the San Jose Domestic Terminal for private flight to Imiloa by no later than 3PM (instructions will be emailed).
- You will depart Imiloa at 9AM, and arrive at the landing strip at 9:30AM, with an estimated arrival to SJO airport at 10:30AM. The domestic terminal is a 5-10 minute walk to the international terminal at SJO. Typically, it is suggested to be at the international terminal 2.5 hours prior to your international departure. Please book your departing international flight accordingly, knowing that you will be at the airport at 10:30AM on departure day.
Questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Imiloa has partnered with a comprehensive travel insurance provider that meets the entry requirements for Costa Rica and offers “cancel for any reason” plans to maximize coverage: www.globalrescue.com/imiloa (additional cost)
- We follow cleansing and sanitization protocols as per Ministry of Health to ensure a safe environment
- Staff and retreat participants are asked to follow and safety guidelines such as social distancing, washing of hands, and proper mask wearing.
Imiloa is located in the jungle, at the top of a mountain, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Our lush retreat center is located adjacent to the second most biodiverse land on the planet.
Dominical, only 13 minutes away, is a beach town with surfer vibes, great coffee and plenty of shopping. Just north of our municipality is Quepos and to the south, Ojochal and Uvita, which is known as the Whale’s Tail.
Just 45 minutes east sits Costa Rica’s second largest city, San Isidro. Within an hour of Imiloa in all directions, you have access to airports, cafes, beaches, waterfalls, biodiversity and happy people ready to show you the lush, lovely area we call home.
You’ll arrive easily on our private plane, and your group will enjoy unlimited transportation to and from the beach, to and from the airport and throughout your stay with us.