Develop your innermost desires through safe, supported, spiritually-based practices that will help you connect with your infinite potential and unlock your true inner voice so you can share your gifts with the world.
JUNE 25-30, 2023
About The Retreat
Join Mary Montgomery in the heart of the Costa Rican Jungle to create ceremony, build bridges, pull back the veil, and face your deepest fears. With compassionate support, we will prioritize rest, healing, and rejuvenation as you are guided home to your true essence.
Actualize radical self-acceptance, freedom, and fulfill your deepest desires by:
- Embracing all aspects of the physical body temple. Head, heart, lips, hips, and belly, we will create ceremony around touch, and positive self-talk, towards all body systems
- A ceremonial sea moss self-body massage to acknowledge your Divinity
- Walk to the ocean or waterfall to release and clear negative energy
- Cleansing bitterness, shame, anger and fear through a soul sweat meditation with sacred Mayan clay at the sweat lodge
- A Sacred Sound Bath: Drum and dance to release, surrender, and free yourself of stuck or stagnant energy
It’s your time to thrive.
What You Will Learn
- The power of Ayahuasca and how it can help heal past trauma and addiction(s)
- The art of forgiveness and how it can release you from life long blockages & current limitations
- The ability to clearly map out your deepest desires, so you can propel forward towards fulfillment and purpose
- The practice of embracing open mindedness and how it can help you develop meaningful connections & find your tribe
- The power of walking in faith and how it can help you release heavy burdens
- The gift of surrender and how it can open the door to expansion and growth on a level you never thought was possible
What You Will Gain
Awaken your gifts.
Heal your bad karma.
Tap into your goddess energy.
Raise your vibration through self-care and meditation.
Born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, Mary Montgomery is a prolific artist, textile designer, jewelry designer, speaker and teacher. Through her work, Mary empowers clients to connect with the infinite possibilities that live within. Mary specializes in energy cleaning and clearing, she utilizes a holistic approach aided by medicinal plant medicine, music, movement and shamanic body work to open and align the chakras. Mary assists clients with clearing bad karma, overcoming grief, raising your vibration through self-care and meditation in order to create a new narrative that re-program’s negative self talk, communicates your deepest desires, and heals lack mentality to create space for abundance to flow into your life. Become more aware of your body and how food plays such a pivotal role in your process. Dressing the part and feeling good in your body. Creating beautiful healing spaces that serve you on every level no matter where you may go or what is occurring in your life. You will gain a set of actionable tools to assist and strengthen you mentally, physically and spiritually, so that you can walk in Goddess energy even on your worst days.
Mary will support you in clearly defining who you are, learning to set appropriate, healthy boundaries in an environment that supports personal growth and expansion. Her defining principle of self discovery practices, set a course for healing childhood trauma, addictions, fear, self doubt, insecurities and behaviors that are toxic, keep you stuck, limited and overthinking. As opposed to developing the muscle that strengthens us in making decisions based on logic, rational and what is truly best for your life. Deciding to embrace the principal of having-ness in your life leads to clarity about what you need and desire in order to thrive, be happy and feel fulfilled. Not operating from a place of shame, guilt and codependency but instead creating community that supports you. Learn how to hold space for yourself and others, witnessing one another, feeling safe, learning what your love language is and how to fill your own cup is your blueprint and internal guidance system that gives you the ability to create the life you truly desire by tapping into yourself. Especially when life is going haywire and we need a place to land when we sometimes veer off course.
Special guest host will be announced soon
When I met Mary I felt an immediate connection. Mostly I felt comfortable speaking, knowing I would be heard, not judged. Owning what you say out loud, allows you to own your inner truths, and move forward. We bonded instantaneously. Mary embraces the arts which heals our inner souls.
My journey with Ms. Montgomery began 18 years ago. I was blessed to be one of her art students in high school. This art class is the reason creative expression thrives in my life. My art teacher then, now mentor and leader of the free world, opened new worlds for me to explore and create in. Working with Ms. Montgomery has allowed me to think past my limitations by being exposed to different mediums of art and allowing me to create from the heart and soul. Today Ms. Montgomery is able to witness her former student, being influenced by her journey in creating space for others so they too can have an outlet to express their true selves through art and design. Forever grateful for this power source that entered my life.
As a coach, motivational speaker, counselor, artist curator and confidant, the counsel over time as a friend has been priceless. I’m honored to write this testimonial for Mary Montgomery. I know Mary both personally and professionally as a colleague and a friend. Professionally, Mary is creative and intellectual. She is a strategist and an excellent creative thinker and problem solver. Over the years, she has helped advise and mentor me in innovative ways, helping me to raise my creative vibration. She leads by example, and has provided strategies to expand my designs onto fashion and rebranding on web platforms. Personally, Mary has provided insight into emotional challenges and solutions. She truly has the intellectual spiritual and verbal strength that shines in interpersonal relationships. She has the insight and clarity to provide multiple points of view, so the conversation has profound influence and depth, she is balanced with objectivity, and tough love. Her style of conversation allows you to come to your own conclusions, and encourages you to stand in your authentic self. I am looking forward to witnessing her reach her next level. I am honored to call her my mentor, colleague and friend.
Triple occupancy in a Geodesic Dome with views of the jungle
A completely private campus; available to your retreat group only. Access to a private waterfall, nature paths, incredible flora and fauna, and an ocean view infinity pool. Also included is a dedicated team of 20+ local professionals to coordinate everything for your enjoyment, from touch down to take off.
Private transportation from the International airport to our campus; a private driver and transportation to our campus in Imiloa Mountain.
What’s Not Included
Flights to SJO, Spa Services
You will be immersed in a 22-acre jungle oasis in Dominical, Costa Rica.
This enchanted mountainside jungle venue is ten minutes from the beach and it is the perfect setting to experience deep healing, embraced by nature, yet completely luxurious.
While staying at Imiloa you will enjoy our nature paths, our private waterfall, our salt-water pool, stunning views and delicious and nutritious meals by our five-star vegan chef.
Included in each accommodation is the comfiest mattresses, 850 thread count sheets, storage space and dry rooms as needed, fiber optic internet, daily cleaning service, private en-suite bath, indoor/outdoor design for every accommodation with a focus on nature and being your private refuge, and full service, thrice-filtered private well for drinking water throughout the property.
Bali Village is perched 1200 feet about the Pacific Ocean, on a ridge line of flora, fauna and wildlife every direction you look. These 5 accommodations are 160-200 year old homes imported from Bali. Each with their own en suite bathrooms, the homes bring you back and create a self space for rejuvenation and transformation.
BALI MASTER SUITE
200 Year Old Homes from Bali. Imported from the Java Islands, these homes boast outdoor showers, full kitchen access, surreal vista views to the Pacific, their own salt water plunge pools and hand-carved art that is as old as the houses.
Perched on the edge of the cliff, at the furthest end of the property, sits a 170 year old home from the Java Islands we call Jogolo. Complete with a writer’s desk, outdoor Balinese shower, hand-carved architecture that will transport you to another land and time, Jogolo is teeming with history and comfort. Your cold plunge pool is adjacent to a warm bath, both outdoor. Full kitchen, too.
This two-floor imported home from Bali will have you wishing you’d never leave. Complete with a King Bed and a twin in the corner of the 180 year old home, Potoo has modern luxury with 360 views of the Pacific. On the lower level, a plunge pool and private spa. Potoo also includes many outdoor chairs, hammocks and a full kitchen, too.
Six Jungle Bungalows built on the side of the mountain on the pathway to our very own private waterfall. Bali inspired, the interiors feature natural finishings and a gorgeous exposed shower and bath tub.
Six Buckminster Fuller inspired Geodesic River Domes, among the best made in the world and partially powered by solar energy, sit perched on the edge of our private river with the fresh, flowing water feeding up to the domes. Experience the soothing sounds of relaxing and sleeping next to flowing water. Amazing!
THE HOUSE OF MASTERS
The House of Masters, located in the center of the property, is a 2,000 square foot Balinese structure hanging 100 feet in the Jungle canopy. Adjacent are restrooms and a yoga storage room for mats, blocks and more. The space can be converted for any type of retreat, workshop or dance party.
THE HEART OF IMILOA
A sprawling 3,000 square foot space that is the “Heart of Imiloa,” our social space features loungy, multicultural inspired furnishings, couches, and 5 imported tables from Bali, all under a Polynesian style roof.
Jungle paths connect the 20+ acres at Imiloa, with hand-made stairs and lighting, creating an immersive, easy experience for you and guests.
Beyond the Jungle Bungalows is a path that leads to our own private waterfall. Descend into what feels like an enchanted jungle forest as you bask in the magic and beauty of the surrounding nature.
Imiloa’s world-class spa is a curated, sensual and deeply moving experience. Choose from Ayurvedic massages and practices, to a shamanic masseuse from our team members who are from the Boruca indigenous tribe here in Costa Rica, to more traditional Swedish, relaxation or Thai yoga massages, body wraps and others. A full list of spa offerings and a link to book during your free time will be provided to you before you arrival.
- Schedule your plane to arrive at SJO. In order to access your private plane charter, all guests must be at the Domestic Terminal at SJO San Jose, Costa Rica no later than 3PM on the arrival day.
- Once landed, proceed to customs and instructions will be provided to meet Imiloa concierge.
- Proceed to baggage claim with concierge and proceed to Domestic Terminal (3 minute walk from International Terminal). Please be at the Domesitc Terminal at SJO San Jose, Costa Rica no later than 3PM on your day of arrival.
- Private Imiloa plane will be waiting to fly you to Quepos.
- Private ground transport shuttles will pick you up in Quepos and bring you to Imiloa.
- If you are already in Costa Rica, ground transport may be coordinated from Quepos, Dominical or Uvita as inclusive.
- Please do not plan to drive to Imiloa on your own. It is not permitted.
- If you need to arrive the day before, please stay at the Hampton Inn across from the airport, or plan to be in the San Jose Domestic Terminal for private flight to Imiloa by no later than 3PM (instructions will be emailed).
- You will depart Imiloa at 9AM, and arrive at the landing strip at 9:30AM, with an estimated arrival to SJO airport at 10:30AM. The domestic terminal is a 5-10 minute walk to the international terminal at SJO. Typically, it is suggested to be at the international terminal 2.5 hours prior to your international departure. Please book your departing international flight accordingly, knowing that you will be at the airport at 10:30AM on departure day.
Questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
TRAVEL INSURANCE and COVID PROCEDURES
- Imiloa has partnered with a comprehensive travel insurance provider that meets the entry requirements for Costa Rica and offers “cancel for any reason” plans to maximize coverage: www.globalrescue.com/imiloa (additional cost)
- COVID tests for entry and exit requirements to your home country can be done on site. We have an on-call physician that can come to the property for testing and results sent in English.
- We follow cleansing and sanitization protocols as per Ministry of Health to ensure a safe environment
- Staff and retreat participants are asked to follow and safety guidelines such as social distancing, washing of hands, and proper mask wearing.
Imiloa is located in the jungle, at the top of a mountain, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Our lush retreat center is located adjacent to the second most biodiverse land on the planet.
Dominical, only 13 minutes away, is a beach town with surfer vibes, great coffee and plenty of shopping. Just north of our municipality is Quepos and to the south, Ojochal and Uvita, which is known as the Whale’s Tail.
Just 45 minutes east sits Costa Rica’s second largest city, San Isidro. Within an hour of Imiloa in all directions, you have access to airports, cafes, beaches, waterfalls, biodiversity and happy people ready to show you the lush, lovely area we call home.
You’ll arrive easily on our private plane, and your group will enjoy unlimited transportation to and from the beach, to and from the airport and throughout your stay with us.