A women’s retreat to free yourself of the emotional and physical effects of stress, anxiety & trauma and reconnect with your infinite power.
February 28 – March 5, 2023
About The Retreat
Can you personally relate with any of the following:
- Relationship difficulties
- Feeling unfulfilled
- Easily distracted
- Constantly checking social media/inability to put phone down
- Inability to be still
- Asking yourself, “Is this the best life has to offer?”
- Wanting to flee, escape or numb yourself
- Feeling stuck
- Emotionally on edge, “ triggered”
What You Will Discover
- You will experience Post Traumatic Growth (PTG) which leads to stronger relationships, greater awareness of new possibilities, increased personal strength, spiritual enhancement, and deeper appreciation for life.
- How to use the revolutionary TRE technique to free yourself from the emotional and physical effects stress and trauma has caused in your life.
- How to shift from operating in the trauma response of past focused (depressive) thinking and future focused (anxious) thinking to living in a state of mindfulness.
- Uncover the truth of who you are and why you are here.
- Recognize the often overlooked gifts of trauma and how to use these gifts to empower you.
What You Will Gain
Dr. Rose Moten
Dr. Rose Moten is a psychologist, author, speaker, sound healer and life manifestation coach, and founder of BLOOM Transformation Center, a Detroit based wellness center that blends traditional mental health services with metaphysical and holistic approaches. Dr. Rose has been featured locally and nationally on television, radio and newsprint articles (Oprah Winfrey Show, OWN network, TedX, Chicago Sun Times, Detroit Free Press, WXYZ, WDIV, Fox2 Detroit, etc.). More recently, she’s been recognized by media outlets as one of the top mental health experts assisting others in navigating the many unforeseen mental health challenges the Covid-19 pandemic has presented.
Dr. Shaheerah Stephens
Dr. Stephens speaks her truth unapologetically with clarity and passion. She’s a spiritual disrupter, lovingly standing between the disempowering conditioning that nets unfulfilling results while providing tools for transformation. For 25 years she has been the Spiritual Leader and Founder of Transforming Love Community (TLC), providing spiritual education and awareness. Before committing to her life’s calling, Shaheerah was a trainer for many Fortune 500 companies and Universities throughout the nation. Dr. Stephens is an author of two books, “The Wealth Of A Spiritual Woman” and “Healing Nectar For Your Soul” plus several booklets (“Pocket Power!” series).
Shaheerah is here to assist you in living from your soul which means living a life of fulfillment.
Dia Johnson is a Detroit native and has been practicing and teaching yoga for twenty years. In addition to her yoga practice, A Life Aware Yoga and Wellness, Dia possesses a masters degree in Nutrition and Integrated Health. Her training includes the RYT500 certification from the Kailash Tribal School in Dharamsala, India (where she also studied Ayurveda and Reiki), Restorative Yoga, Prenatal Yoga, and Yoga for Children. Dia specializes in teaching beginners and making the healing benefits of Yoga, Ayurveda, and nutrition practical and accessible to everyone.
Cortney Kane Sides
A midwest girl at heart, Cortney is an internationally renowned evidential medium, spiritual advisor, energetic artist, speaker and published author. Gifted with a unique form of synesthesia, Cortney combines her mediumship skills to connect with her clients on topics of life, love, work and healing, creating unique spiritual paintings for each session.
I am thankful for her guidance, which has shown me how to tap into my power. I am thankful for her honesty and compassion. Most of all, I am thankful for her passion for teaching others to BLOOM. Thank you Dr. Rose for being an AWESOME teacher.
Single occupancy in a Jungle Bungalow with views of the jungle.
A completely private campus; available to your retreat group only. Access to a private waterfall, nature paths, incredible flora and fauna, and an ocean view infinity pool. Also included is a dedicated team of 20+ local professionals to coordinate everything for your enjoyment, from touch down to take off.
Private transportation from the International airport to our campus; a private driver and transportation to our campus in Imiloa Mountain.
What’s Not Included
Flights to SJO
You will be immersed in a 22-acre jungle oasis in Dominical, Costa Rica.
This enchanted mountainside jungle venue is ten minutes from the beach and it is the perfect setting to experience deep healing, embraced by nature, yet completely luxurious.
While staying at Imiloa you will enjoy our nature paths, our private waterfall, our salt-water pool, stunning views and delicious and nutritious meals by our five-star vegan chef.
Included in each accommodation is the comfiest mattresses, 850 thread count sheets, storage space and dry rooms as needed, fiber optic internet, daily cleaning service, private en-suite bath, indoor/outdoor design for every accommodation with a focus on nature and being your private refuge, and full service, thrice-filtered private well for drinking water throughout the property.
Bali Village is perched 1200 feet about the Pacific Ocean, on a ridge line of flora, fauna and wildlife every direction you look. These 5 accommodations are 160-200 year old homes imported from Bali. Each with their own en suite bathrooms, the homes bring you back and create a self space for rejuvenation and transformation.
BALI MASTER SUITE
200 Year Old Homes from Bali. Imported from the Java Islands, these homes boast outdoor showers, full kitchen access, surreal vista views to the Pacific, their own salt water plunge pools and hand-carved art that is as old as the houses.
Perched on the edge of the cliff, at the furthest end of the property, sits a 170 year old home from the Java Islands we call Jogolo. Complete with a writer’s desk, outdoor Balinese shower, hand-carved architecture that will transport you to another land and time, Jogolo is teeming with history and comfort. Your cold plunge pool is adjacent to a warm bath, both outdoor. Full kitchen, too.
This two-floor imported home from Bali will have you wishing you’d never leave. Complete with a King Bed and a twin in the corner of the 180 year old home, Potoo has modern luxury with 360 views of the Pacific. On the lower level, a plunge pool and private spa. Potoo also includes many outdoor chairs, hammocks and a full kitchen, too.
Six Jungle Bungalows built on the side of the mountain on the pathway to our very own private waterfall. Bali inspired, the interiors feature natural finishings and a gorgeous exposed shower and bath tub.
Six Buckminster Fuller inspired Geodesic River Domes, among the best made in the world and partially powered by solar energy, sit perched on the edge of our private river with the fresh, flowing water feeding up to the domes. Experience the soothing sounds of relaxing and sleeping next to flowing water. Amazing!
THE HOUSE OF MASTERS
The House of Masters, located in the center of the property, is a 2,000 square foot Balinese structure hanging 100 feet in the Jungle canopy. Adjacent are restrooms and a yoga storage room for mats, blocks and more. The space can be converted for any type of retreat, workshop or dance party.
THE HEART OF IMILOA
A sprawling 3,000 square foot space that is the “Heart of Imiloa,” our social space features loungy, multicultural inspired furnishings, couches, and 5 imported tables from Bali, all under a Polynesian style roof.
Jungle paths connect the 20+ acres at Imiloa, with hand-made stairs and lighting, creating an immersive, easy experience for you and guests.
Beyond the Jungle Bungalows is a path that leads to our own private waterfall. Descend into what feels like an enchanted jungle forest as you bask in the magic and beauty of the surrounding nature.
- Schedule your plane to arrive at SJO. In order to access your private plane charter, all guests must be at the Domestic Terminal at SJO San Jose, Costa Rica no later than 3PM on the arrival day.
- Once landed, proceed to customs and instructions will be provided to meet Imiloa concierge.
- Proceed to baggage claim with concierge and proceed to Domestic Terminal (3 minute walk from International Terminal). Please be at the Domesitc Terminal at SJO San Jose, Costa Rica no later than 3PM on your day of arrival.
- Private Imiloa plane will be waiting to fly you to Quepos.
- Private ground transport shuttles will pick you up in Quepos and bring you to Imiloa.
- If you are already in Costa Rica, ground transport may be coordinated from Quepos, Dominical or Uvita as inclusive.
- Please do not plan to drive to Imiloa on your own. It is not permitted.
- If you need to arrive the day before, please stay at the Hampton Inn across from the airport, or plan to be in the San Jose Domestic Terminal for private flight to Imiloa by no later than 3PM (instructions will be emailed).
- You will depart Imiloa at 9AM, and arrive at the landing strip at 9:30AM, with an estimated arrival to SJO airport at 10:30AM. The domestic terminal is a 5-10 minute walk to the international terminal at SJO. Typically, it is suggested to be at the international terminal 2.5 hours prior to your international departure. Please book your departing international flight accordingly, knowing that you will be at the airport at 10:30AM on departure day.
Questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Imiloa has partnered with a comprehensive travel insurance provider that meets the entry requirements for Costa Rica and offers “cancel for any reason” plans to maximize coverage: www.globalrescue.com/imiloa (additional cost)
- We follow cleansing and sanitization protocols as per Ministry of Health to ensure a safe environment
- Staff and retreat participants are asked to follow and safety guidelines such as social distancing, washing of hands, and proper mask wearing.
Imiloa’s world-class spa is a curated, sensual and deeply moving experience. Choose from Ayurvedic massages and practices, to a shamanic masseuse from our teammembers who are from the Boruca indigenous tribe here in Costa Rica, to more traditional Swedish, relaxation or Thai yoga massages, body wraps and others. A full list of spa offerings and a link to book during your free time will be provided to you before you arrival.
Imiloa is located at the top of a mountain, at the end of the road and out on the edge of the cliff, 3KM north of Dominical, Costa Rica. You’ll arrive easily on our private plane, and then enjoy unlimited transportation throughout the length of your stay.
Beyond this, Imiloa is located on the edge of the second most bio-diverse area on the planet. Dominical is a beachtown with surfer vibes, great coffee shops and plenty of shopping (only 13 minutes away). To the North, the center of our Municipality, Quepos, and to our south, Uvita, the famous Whale’s Tail and Ojochal (with heavy European influence). Just 45 minutes east sits Costa Rica’s second largest city, San Isidro. So whether 30 minutes north or south of Imiloa, or 45 minutes east, you have airports and cafes, beaches and waterfalls, bio-diversity and happy people ready to show you the lush, lovely area we call home.