A wellness and yoga retreat for living in the present, connecting to nature, and increasing love for yourself, the love for others, and love for the world around you or something greater.
August 10-15, 2022
About The Retreat
Costa Rica Yoga & Wellness Jungle Retreat
5 days, 5 elements combined, 7 chakras aligned. By embracing the elements of fire, air, space, earth, & water along with the energy within, we will align our chakras, free our minds, and come to our senses. Five days immersed in jungle luxury to release what doesn’t serve and find joy, love & light within while we incorporate the elements and chakras into our daily practices, ceremonies, and workshops.
Book now to embrace your senses through the elements and experience alignment, freedom and a true essence of self.
What You Will Learn
- How to activate your journey of self-discovery through breathwork, body movement, relaxing play, and guided workshops.
- How to focus on and align your chakras.
- The importance of the five elements for optimal living.
- Techniques for freeing your mind and becoming more attuned to your senses.
- How to make more space for things that feed your soul.
- Practices and techniques that you can take home with you for daily practice in your personal and professional life.
- Living well is a lifestyle, not just a retreat.
What You Will Experience
Daily yoga practice & body movement techniques
- Daily guided meditations
- Mindful practices and workshops to help you build a more joyful daily routine
- Immersion ceremonies focused on your chakras and the 5 elements for harmonious and wholesome healing
- A safe space to embrace your true self and create new habits
- Luxurious lodging on a private campus in the jungle so you can reset without distractions
- Nourishing plant-based meals to fuel your body and brain
- Access to a private waterfall, endless acres of jungle trails to explore, and the local beach.
What You Will Gain
Photo credit: Jai Wellness Ayurveda and Yoga Teacher Training, June 2021
- Time and space to grow
- Harmony to live your life with ease
- Alignment with being your true self
- Confidence to make changes
- Desire for a daily routine and habits that bring you joy
- Companionship and a deep knowing that you are not alone
Jeanette hails from Ottawa, Canada as a conference planner by profession, who has been practicing yoga for over 15 years. She chose to deepen her personal practise by taking her first yoga teacher training in Vinyasa, and more recently she has attained another 200-hour Hatha Yoga and Ayurveda teacher training, both in beautiful Costa Rica. Jeanette also has a certification in Y4T, trauma informed yoga and is currently continuing her studies at an advanced level. She has a passion for learning, especially new skills to heal herself and to share these tools with others to help them in their healing journey.
In addition to being a registered yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance, Jeanette is also a practising energy healer, meditation teacher and a Reiki Level 2 Practitioner. Her sense of humour, charismatic personality, and compassionate nature create an inviting environment for her students and clients. She holds space for those in her world to be their authentic selves; to be curious, to learn, to grow, to heal and to breathe.
Jeanette plans to call Costa Rica home one day soon. Her newest project is creating and launching her wellness business, Breathe and Heal Wellness Studio.
Village of Islands Yoga founder Lori Dye E-RYT, YACEP, is originally from Ottawa, Canada. She travelled the United States for 18 months, teaching yoga all over the country, and now calls the Florida Keys her home. This is where she has found commUNITY. She has been practicing yoga for over 30 years and it is truly her way of being. Her love of yoga lies in the magic of the breath, the harmony of internal peace & joy and the physical benefits of daily practice; this love emanates through her teaching.
After completing her first 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training program 2015, Lori became a member of Yoga Alliance. She has continued to grow as a student and teacher, completing her 200-hour Hatha Yoga and Ayurveda teacher training with Jai Wellness in Costa Rica, July 2021. She has taught nearly 3000 hours of group classes, private sessions, workshops, retreats, and guided imagery sessions. In addition to practicing and teaching yoga, she is also a Life / Health Coach, Hypnotherapist, and teaches Life Coaching courses online at a holistic college.
Lori is known for her warm and inviting teaching style. She engages and challenges students to be mindful, connect with breath-guided movement, and listen to their bodies. She enjoys bringing stillness and movement together with breath on the mat and always offers modifications to make yoga accessible to all. Lori has taught yoga at studios, shalas and beaches throughout the US and Canada and offers live-streaming and on-demand yoga classes.
Letícia Linton is based in São Paulo, Brasil. She started her career as a jewelry designer in 2000, studying Gemology, Design and Crystal Therapy, and becoming a jewelry icon in Brazil. All of her creations are guided by the energy and power of the stones.
She recently founded “Joy By Leticia”. Through her business, Leticia shares her knowledge of coaching, yoga, Ayurveda, awareness, expansion consciousness, meditation, mindfulness, sound healing and Psycho Pranic Healing with her clients.
Leticia shares experiences and tools with others through social media, immersive experiences, and retreats. Providing access to modalities for healing and wellness is part of Leticia’s purpose and joy in life.
This trio of beautiful souls has come together to combine all of their love, light, energy and modalities to create a soulful journey of self discovery.
Lori and Jeanette have nearly 1000 hours combined of yoga teacher training.
Over the weekend, she helped understand the chakras and different energy and emotions being blocked in the body, mind and spirit. Thanks to her guided meditations and inspiring conversations, I left the resort centered and focused.
I can’t wait to have another 1-on-1 session with her!
A completely private campus; available to your retreat group only. Access to a private waterfall, nature paths, incredible flora and fauna, and an ocean view infinity pool. Also included is a dedicated team of 20+ local professionals to coordinate everything for your enjoyment, from touch down to take off.
Private transportation from the International airport to our campus; a private driver and transportation to our campus in Imiloa Mountain.
What’s Not Included
Flights to SJO, Spa Services
You will be immersed in a 22-acre jungle oasis in Dominical, Costa Rica.
This enchanted mountainside jungle venue is ten minutes from the beach and it is the perfect setting to experience deep healing, embraced by nature, yet completely luxurious.
While staying at Imiloa you will enjoy our nature paths, our private waterfall, our salt-water pool, stunning views and delicious and nutritious meals by our five-star vegan chef.
Included in each accommodation is the comfiest mattresses, 850 thread count sheets, storage space and dry rooms as needed, fiber optic internet, daily cleaning service, private en-suite bath, indoor/outdoor design for every accommodation with a focus on nature and being your private refuge, and full service, thrice-filtered private well for drinking water throughout the property.
Bali Village is perched 1200 feet about the Pacific Ocean, on a ridge line of flora, fauna and wildlife every direction you look. These 5 accommodations are 160-200 year old homes imported from Bali. Each with their own en suite bathrooms, the homes bring you back and create a self space for rejuvenation and transformation.
BALI MASTER SUITE
200 Year Old Homes from Bali. Imported from the Java Islands, these homes boast outdoor showers, full kitchen access, surreal vista views to the Pacific, their own salt water plunge pools and hand-carved art that is as old as the houses.
Perched on the edge of the cliff, at the furthest end of the property, sits a 170 year old home from the Java Islands we call Joglo. Complete with a writer’s desk, outdoor Balinese shower, hand-carved architecture that will transport you to another land and time, Joglo is teeming with history and comfort. Your cold plunge pool is adjacent to a warm bath, both outdoor. Full kitchen, too.
This two-floor imported home from Bali will have you wishing you’d never leave. Complete with a King Bed and a twin in the corner of the 180 year old home, Potoo has modern luxury with 360 views of the Pacific. On the lower level, a plunge pool and private spa. Potoo also includes many outdoor chairs, hammocks and a full kitchen, too.
Six Jungle Bungalows built on the side of the mountain on the pathway to our very own private waterfall. Bali inspired, the interiors feature natural finishings and a gorgeous exposed shower and bath tub.
Six Buckminster Fuller inspired Geodesic River Domes, among the best made in the world and partially powered by solar energy, sit perched on the edge of our private river with the fresh, flowing water feeding up to the domes. Experience the soothing sounds of relaxing and sleeping next to flowing water. Amazing!
THE HOUSE OF MASTERS
The House of Masters, located in the center of the property, is a 2,000 square foot Balinese structure hanging 100 feet in the Jungle canopy. Adjacent are restrooms and a yoga storage room for mats, blocks and more. The space can be converted for any type of retreat, workshop or dance party.
THE HEART OF IMILOA
A sprawling 3,000 square foot space that is the “Heart of Imiloa,” our social space features loungy, multicultural inspired furnishings, couches, and 5 imported tables from Bali, all under a Polynesian style roof.
Jungle paths connect the 20+ acres at Imiloa, with hand-made stairs and lighting, creating an immersive, easy experience for you and guests.
Beyond the Jungle Bungalows is a path that leads to our own private waterfall. Descend into what feels like an enchanted jungle forest as you bask in the magic and beauty of the surrounding nature.
Imiloa’s world-class spa is a curated, sensual and deeply moving experience. Choose from Ayurvedic massages and practices, to a shamanic masseuse from our team members who are from the Boruca indigenous tribe here in Costa Rica, to more traditional Swedish, relaxation or Thai yoga massages, body wraps and others. A full list of spa offerings and a link to book during your free time will be provided to you before you arrival.
- Schedule your plane to arrive at SJO. In order to access your private plane charter, all guests must be at the Domestic Terminal at SJO San Jose, Costa Rica no later than 3PM on the arrival day.
- Once landed, proceed to customs and instructions will be provided to meet Imiloa concierge.
- Proceed to baggage claim with concierge and proceed to Domestic Terminal (3 minute walk from International Terminal). Please be at the Domesitc Terminal at SJO San Jose, Costa Rica no later than 3PM on your day of arrival.
- Private Imiloa plane will be waiting to fly you to Quepos.
- Private ground transport shuttles will pick you up in Quepos and bring you to Imiloa.
- If you are already in Costa Rica, ground transport may be coordinated from Quepos, Dominical or Uvita as inclusive.
- Please do not plan to drive to Imiloa on your own. It is not permitted.
- If you need to arrive the day before, please stay at the Hampton Inn across from the airport, or plan to be in the San Jose Domestic Terminal for private flight to Imiloa by no later than 3PM (instructions will be emailed).
- You will depart Imiloa at 10AM, and arrive at the landing strip at 10:30AM, with an estimated arrival to SJO airport at 11:30AM. The domestic terminal is a 5-10 minute walk to the international terminal at SJO. Typically, it is suggested to be at the international terminal 2.5 hours prior to your international departure. Please book your departing international flight accordingly, knowing that you will be at the airport at 11:30AM on departure day.
Questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
TRAVEL INSURANCE and COVID PROCEDURES
- Imiloa has partnered with a comprehensive travel insurance provider that meets the entry requirements for Costa Rica and offers “cancel for any reason” plans to maximize coverage: www.globalrescue.com/imiloa (additional cost)
- COVID tests for entry and exit requirements to your home country can be done on site. We have an on-call physician that can come to the property for testing and results sent in English.
- We follow cleansing and sanitization protocols as per Ministry of Health to ensure a safe environment
- Staff and retreat participants are asked to follow and safety guidelines such as social distancing, washing of hands, and proper mask wearing.
Imiloa is located in the jungle, at the top of a mountain, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Our lush retreat center is located adjacent to the second most biodiverse land on the planet.
Dominical, only 13 minutes away, is a beach town with surfer vibes, great coffee and plenty of shopping. Just north of our municipality is Quepos and to the south, Ojochal and Uvita, which is known as the Whale’s Tail.
Just 45 minutes east sits Costa Rica’s second largest city, San Isidro. Within an hour of Imiloa in all directions, you have access to airports, cafes, beaches, waterfalls, biodiversity and happy people ready to show you the lush, lovely area we call home.
You’ll arrive easily on our private plane, and your group will enjoy unlimited transportation to and from the beach, to and from the airport and throughout your stay with us.