- Imiloa Institute is located in the Savegre mountains, just 3km from the small surf town Dominical and 30km from Quepos (medical facilities, airport, great dining if you’re coming before or after the event).
- We are 800 feet (240m) above sea level, making it a bit cooler than the beach, as well as less bugs. The average temperature is 85°F (27-33°C) during the day and 65-75°F (17-24°C) at night.
- Imiloa is a credit/debit card ONLY campus. We are 100% cashless except for (optional) tips should you choose to leave them.
- Wifi is available in all rooms and most social areas. We don’t have Wifi in the Heart of Imiloa, where you’ll enjoy relaxing, connecting with others and nourishing yourself.
- We provide yoga mats, blocks, cushions and blankets for your use.
- We have laundry services on site and all services must be paid in advance by credit or debit card. $25 per load.
- Imiloa is a cigarette, drug, and alcohol-free campus.
- Quiet hours are 10PM to 7AM
- Imiloa’s core values around eco-aware are important to us and those that call Imiloa home (IE those other than our human friends). Therefore: Please be mindful of water usage (we’re on a thrice-filtered well and water flows from the mountain!)
- Please throw toilet paper in the wastebasket
- Please turn off lights and conserve electricity when you’re out enjoying the campus
Have more questions? Please check Imiloa’s FAQ section
- Organic sunscreen
- Organic mosquito repellent
- Reusable water bottle
- Boots or comfortable closed toe shoes *(our jungle trails can get muddy and slippery, so make sure to bring comfortable and practical footwear keeping this in mind)
- Sandals/flip flops
- Yoga attire/comfortable clothes
- Beach/Yoga/hiking/fitness wear
- Rain jacket *(most likely to be needed if you are coming during green season May – November)
Provided by Imiloa:
– Organic shampoo, conditioner & shower gel
– Beach towels
– Head lamps
*We have standard North American power outlets so make sure to bring an adaptor if your appliances work with a different system
Hilton Garden Inn La Sabana
Located 25-30 mins from SJO airport, walking distance to the La Sabana park, National Stadium, and nearby restaurants. This hotel is a good choice if you would like to explore a bit of San Jose and city surroundings, just be mindful of travel time and transportation options to/from SJO airport.
Marriott Hotel Hacienda Belen
An upscale Marriott hotel, located approximately 10 min from SJO airport. We recommend this hotel if you prefer to have a nice property experience and want to be close to the airport.
Hampton Inn Airport Hotel
For a more economical option you may stay at the Hampton Inn located right across the street from the airport. They have a free shuttle between the airport and the hotel included in your stay.
We recommend using the official orange airport taxis, (red taxis with an orange triangle) which can be found right outside the airport when you exit the terminal.
Alternatively, you can contact us to inquire about availability here at Imiloa for the day/days prior to the retreat. Standard rates will apply and would be in addition to your ticket price.
Costa Rica Entry Requirements
Entry requirements are subject to change, so we encourage you to check this link for updated info: Entry Requirements.